Master of Philosophy
Minimum Duration: 2 years full-time or equivalent part-time
Course Available at:
Adelaide, South Australia
Sydney (North Sydney), NSW
Sydney (Strathfield), NSW
EFTSL value of units: All 10 cp units in this course have an EFTSL value of 0.125.
1. Admission Requirements
A candidate for the degree of Master of Philosophy must comply with the Research and Professional Doctorate Degree Regulations.
An applicant for admission to candidature for the degree of Master of Philosophy must have completed one of the following:
- a Bachelor Honours degree with a minimum of Second Class (Division B: Hons 2B) or equivalent; or
- postgraduate research training (eg coursework completed to credit or above in a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate or coursework Master’s degree); or
- demonstrated research experience with evidence of capacity to undertake independent research work (eg first author publication); or
- an equivalent qualification or experience.
2. Requirements for Completion of the Degree
To qualify for the degree, a candidate must satisfy the requirements of the course approved in their case in accordance with the Research and Professional Doctorate Degree Regulations.
Master of Philosophy candidates are required to undertake a range of online research modules upon commencing study. Modules are designed to enhance candidates' knowledge of the skills and requirements needed to complete higher degree research. Candidates will be advised of the modules required at enrolment.