3. Formal Communications
Note: The University may also use SMS and social media communication technologies for reminders regarding key dates and similar matters. Students are encouraged to provide and ensure the accuracy of their mobile phone numbers, as well as their other contact details.
3.1 Correspondence to applicants/students
3.1.1 A notice or advice to an applicant/student is sufficient if it is in writing and is:
- posted to the student:
- for admission purposes, at the address listed on the application for admission;
- at the semester address shown on the student's most recent enrolment, if posted during a semester;
- at the home address shown on the student’s most recent enrolment, if posted during a vacation;
- transmitted by facsimile to a number provided by the applicant/student as being identified with the relevant address; or
- emailed to the applicant/student -
- for admission purposes, at the email address listed on the application for admission;
- for other purposes, to the student's University email address;
- posted for students, on the University's learning management system, during any study period.
3.1.2 Unless a later delivery date can be proven in the case of students in remote or off-shore locations, any notice or advice is deemed to have been received:
- if sent by post to an address within Australia, on the third working day after it was sent;
- if sent by post to an address outside Australia by airmail, on the fifteenth working day after it was sent;
- if sent by facsimile, no later than 48 hours from the date and time at which it was sent;
- if sent by email, on the first working day after it was sent;
- if posted on the University's learning management system, no later than 72 hours from the date and time at which it was posted.
3.2 Correspondence from student
3.2.1 Correspondence from a student will be deemed to be effective on the date of its receipt by the University.
3.2.2 Any correspondence, document or form submitted to the University by a student becomes the property of the University unless, at the discretion of the University, it elects to return the document or form to the student, with or without first having made a copy thereof.
3.3 Change of personal or correspondence details
Students must formally notify the University immediately, in accordance with prescribed procedures, of any change of name or address. Documentary evidence must be provided as proof of change of name.