Governance of the University
The governing body is the Senate which consists of:
- two persons (Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor) who are members ex-officio;
- the Pro-Chancellor;
- eight persons elected by the members of the Company having regard (among other things) to the need for broad community involvement;
- three persons elected by and from the academic staff of the University;
- one person elected by and from the general staff of the University;
- one student of the University.
An Academic Board is constituted by the Senate to administer and implement academic policies.The University has also established four Chapters, based in the communities it serves. These provide advice to the Senate on local needs and demands, and serve as important links to community interests.